When and Where Can I Get my Tax Documents?
Your tax document, a Consolidated 1099 form, will be available on or around February 15th.
You will find it in the Titan app in your Account Documents section as a statement dated February 1st (Accounts tab --> Help --> Account Documents --> Statements).
If you are no longer a Titan investor, you will be able to access your tax form on our web portal (under Account Documents) on or around February 15.
If you don't see a statement dated February 1st in your account, it's possible your account was opened towards the end of the tax year, and did not experience any liquidity events that would generate a tax filing for the current tax year.
If you have any questions or issues, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your tax documents will be available by mid-February. We'll send you an email to let you know when these documents are ready for download in your Titan app or on our website.
In early February, you may also receive an email from Apex Clearing, our custodian, announcing that your tax documents are ready for download.
- Early February: Apex will email you to let you know your 1099 form is ready
On or around February 15: Titan will email you to let you know that your 1099 form is ready for download
Who Will Receive Tax Documents?
If you began investing with Titan in 2018, you will likely receive a 1099 document from our custodian Apex.
The Consolidated 1099 form is generated by our clearing partner, Apex Clearing, and it includes information found on the 1099-DIV and 1099-B.
If you aren’t sure how to file a consolidated 1099 or want a different form, we recommend speaking to a tax advisor.
How to Upload Your Form 1099 to TurboTax
We're excited to support Intuit TurboTax via our custodian partner, Apex Clearing. You can use TurboTax Premier to import your trade history directly into their software.
Here are the instructions to upload your form 1099 to TurboTax:
- Go to TurboTax Premier, create an account, and begin your tax return
- Once you arrive at the Federal tab, click "Edit/Add" in the row titled "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other"
- When asked to enter a bank name, type "Apex Clearing Corp"
- For your Apex User ID, enter "10-[Apex Account Number]". For example, if your account number is 5YA12345, enter "10-5YA12345". (You can find your Apex account number in the Titan mobile app's Account tab, or on the homepage of Titan's web portal).
- For your Apex Password, enter your Social Security Number
- Proceed with uploading your trades
How to Upload Your Form 1099 to H&R Block
We also support H&R Block's tax software via our custodian partner, Apex Clearing. You can use import your trade history directly into H&R Block's software using steps 3-6 listed above for TurboTax.
How to Download a .CSV File of Your Account Trading Activity
You may also download the account trading information contained within your 1099 directly through our custodian partner, Apex Clearing
Please follow the following instructions to download your account activity as a .CSV :
- Go to Apex Clearing's website
- If you don't already have a user ID, click "Create a User ID" and create an account using your Apex account number (available in the Account tab of Titan's mobile app, or on the homepage of Titan's web portal). In the "Firm" dropdown menu shown in Step 1 of the sign-up flow, please select "10-Apex Clearing Corporation"
- After account creation is completed, login to your Apex Clearing account
- Click "Apex Online Menu" in the top left and then click "Activity" in the dropdown menu
- Enter your Apex account number, as well as the desired start and end date for the period whose activity you'd like to download, then click "Submit"
- After the results appear, click "Export to CSV" towards the right of the page to download the displayed account activity into a .CSV file
I had a lot of trades executed in the tax year. Can I still use TurboTax?
TurboTax supports the vast majority of Titan customers, however, if your account had 500 or more trades in the filing year, you may experience difficulty uploading your tax forms directly into TurboTax. You can upload your transaction history by following their instructions here.
Titan does not provide tax advice. You should consult with a personal tax advisor for help with specific tax-related questions.